Summer 2023 Commercial Bank Intern- Tennessee
**Please apply using the link below**
At Regions, the Intern works on department assignments while learning more about the financial services industry. As an intern, you will be provided with job skills and training, personal development, and networking opportunities, while experiences Regions values. Regions offers college internship opportunities within various departments.
- Receives exposure to all basic functions of assigned group within the financial industry
- Exposed to a wide range of tasks including research, administrative and correspondence work and attend meetings
- Provides assistance in projects
- Gains valuable insight within a variety of functions while strengthening core skills and knowledge needed to launch a successful career
- Responsibilities will vary by internship
- This position requires the tracking of time and is eligible for overtime hours worked in excess of 40 per week under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- A college student who has interest in developing technical skills and gaining work experience
- Ability to work 40 hours a week for 10 weeks
Skills and Competencies
- Active in leadership posting on campus and/or involved in campus extracurricular activities
- Critical thinking skills
- Intellectually curious
- Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented with ability to work independently
The Regions Commercial Bank Summer Intern Program offers internship opportunities to college students across Regions Commercial Bank, which includes a comprehensive suite of Commercial Lending, Depository, Specialized Services and Treasury Management capabilities. Summer Interns will gain hands-on experience and exposure to various origination and execution responsibilities, including participation in planning and execution of client relationship banking strategies, partnering with internal business groups to deepen client relationships, interaction with Credit Products organization to understand underwriting foundations, and learn the basics of multiple business type operations and banking needs. Summer Interns will operate as key team members supporting both internal and external client initiatives.
- Summer Interns will be assigned to a specific Commercial Banking team (team members include Relationship Managers (RM), Treasury Management Officers (TMO), Commercial Banking and Treasury Management Leaders. Summer Interns will participate in centralized training sessions and have opportunities to interact with senior members to gain exposure to the various groups within Regions Commercial Bank.
- The Summer Intern position will be paid and last for approximately 11 weeks. Summer Interns demonstrating Regions values, work ethic and leadership will be given preference in consideration of full-time Commercial Banking and Treasury Management Analyst positions.
Responsibilities may include:
- Learn the operational needs of our Commercial clients through the Commercial RM and TMO job functions; Interns will participate in client conversations and execute on client requests.
- Participate in client call planning process with RMs and TMOs, which includes assisting with pre-planning research and due diligence.
- Participate and complete research and / or pre-planning materials for partner meetings as assigned by RM and TMO; Partners may include Credit Products, Private Wealth, Problem Asset Management (PAM), etc.
- Conduct research on RM and TMO client prospects.
- Assist with communicating financial document requirements to clients and prepare underwriting packages to submit to Credit Products partners as well as assist TMO with preparation of working capital maps.
- Complete an end of summer case study where skills and knowledge learned during the internship are showcased to an audience of senior management
- At least a rising junior-level college student, majoring in finance, economics, marketing or a related business major
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in business classes
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven dedication to excellence, achieving results and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-focused environment
- Strong analytical, verbal / written communication and organization skills
- Microsoft Office skills
Alternate locations: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Birmingham, AL; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Miami, FL; St. Louis, MO; New Orleans, LA; Orlando, FL